Want a healthy twist on your typical pancakes? Than try subbing out popcorn and Caulipower baking mix instead of traditional flour and baking mixes.
Popcorn and Cauliflower are high in soluble fiber and antioxidants while low in calories. These types of foods help to regulate blood pressure and glucose levels, aid in digestion, boost metabolism, give a healthy skin glow, as well as help prevent against age related diseases like heart disease and diabetes.
What I love about this recipe is that it also contains Thrive Algae Oil, Powerful Foods Vanilla Yogurt, Sauder’s Eggs, and Nielsen Massey Vanilla extract.
In just one serving of Thrive Algae Oil, you get the same amount of good healthy fat that you would find in a whole Avocado. Plus, Thrive has 50% less bad saturated fat than traditional olive oil.
Powerful Foods Vanilla Bean Yogurt contains 21 grams of protein and no added sugars. It’s actually sweetened with Stevia. Yogurt helps to reduce hypertension, aid in digestion, help improve bone density, promotes weight loss, as well as helps to boost immunity. The protein found in Powerful Foods yogurt helps to repair and restore skin complexion and muscle tone as well as enhance memory.
This recipe also utilizes egg whites from Sauder’s eggs. Egg whites help support the cardiovascular and nervous system, help maintain healthy blood pressure as well as aid in the development of strong bones and skin.
Sauder’s Eggs contain more Lutein than any other egg. Lutein helps to improve and protect site by preventing against sun damage and cataracts. The high amount of Omega 3 contained in Sauder’s eggs also helps to promote a healthy heart.
Nielsen Massey Vanilla extract provides more than just taste and aromatic flavor. Vanilla extract helps to promote weight loss, aid in digestion, enhance good cholesterols, and reduce inflammation. Plus its great for improving skin complexion and promoting soft shiny hair.
All the ingredients in our Popcorn Pancakes make them taste as good as they are good for you. Enjoy them for breakfast or as a snack on the go.
- Thrive Algae Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3 cups air popped Popcorn (Jiffy), divided
- 2 cups CauliPower original baking mix
- 3/4 cup non fat milk
- 1/2 cup Sauders Egg Whites
- 1 teaspoon Nielsen Massey vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup Powerful Foods Vanilla Bean Yogurt
- Spray large skillet or griddle with Thrive cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium heat until hot
- Reserve 1 cup popped corn; set aside. Place remaining 2 cups popped corn in food processor or resealable food storage bag and crush into coarse crumbs.
- Whisk together crushed popped corn, Caulipower baking mix, skim milk, Sauder’s egg whites and Nielsen Massey vanilla in medium bowl until blended.
- Place about 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle for each pancake. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until bubbles form on top and bottom is golden brown. Turn and cook until second side is golden brown. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Place 1-2 pancakes on each serving plate. Top each evenly with Powerful Foods Vanilla Bean Yogurt.
- Sprinkle with reserved popped corn.